Rockville Dental Arts
Do you remember your grandparents having dentures that looked fake and a little frightening? Luckily, modern dentistry has changed a lot since then. If you are missing one or more teeth, you can now choose a restorative dentistry procedure called implant dentistry. Implants work like a permanent denture that never leaves your mouth, and can be perfect for replacing a tooth or two. Learn if you are a candidate for dental implants here.
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for Dental Implants?
Do you want to meet with an implant dentist in Rockville? These are the qualities of a candidate for dental implants:
- Other than the missing teeth, your teeth and gums are healthy.
- You have plenty of bone density beneath the gum for the implant to be supported.
- You have great oral hygiene habits.
- You are not suffering from untreated diabetes or autoimmune disorders.
- You are not a smoker, or you are willing to stop smoking during the months-long implant process.
- You are willing to commit to a 4- to 12-month process, and the following six-month process for healing.
- You have never had a medical treatment with a bisphosphonate medication, such as a cancer treatment.
If you meet these criteria, you could be an excellent candidate for dental implants.
Most Important Consideration
The one thing that can make or break implant dentistry is the bone matter behind your gum. A dental implants specialist will inspect the bone density, and determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. If you lack good bone density, there is no point in wasting your money and time, as it is unlikely the implant will fuse correctly.
What is the Cost of Implants for Teeth?
Dental Implants cost anywhere between $3000-$5000+ per tooth. There are varying sizes, materials and techniques in the cost of dental implants. However when multiple teeth are missing dental implants can be used to support several teeth, thereby reducing the overall cost. If you want to know the cost of dental implants for your mouth schedule an appointment with Dr. Norkiewicz for a free consultation.
Learn More from Your Implant Dentist in Rockville
If you want to learn more about implants dentistry, or find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants, contact Rockville Dental Arts today. We can be reached on our contact page, or call our office at 301-424-2030.