Invisalign is a type of orthodontics treatment that many adults and teens in Rockville are curious about. These clear braces make it possible for you to get the straight, even smile you have always wanted, but without the mouth full of metal braces. The process of getting Invisalign is easy: simply come in to your dentist’s office and have a 3D image of your teeth created. Once your trays are in from the lab, you are ready to begin. Most of the questions we hear from patients are what kind of Invisalign aftercare they need to to do.
Invisalign Aftercare Do’s
There are some things you should be sure to do when you have your Invisalign clear braces:
- Always be sure to rinse your braces when you remove them to eat or brush your teeth.
- Never re-insert your braces without brushing and flossing. Any debris on your teeth could settle into the crevices of the aligners.
- Brush your aligners very carefully when you do, and be sure to use an anti-bacterial liquid soap.
Invisalign Aftercare Don’ts
Your Invisalign specialist in Rockville will tell you that there are several things you do not want to do when wearing Invisalign, such as:
- Do not eat or drink anything but water when wearing your clear braces.
- Do not use toothpaste to clean your braces. This can cause the aligners to lose their “invisible” quality.
- Do not use colored soap for the same reason.
- Do not leave your Invisalign clear braces unprotected while you eat. Bacteria can settle into the crevices.
- Do not forget to rinse the aligners again before you put them in, even if you just rinsed them before taking them out.
Learn More from Your Dentist in Rockville
As your cosmetic dentistry specialist in Rockville at Rockville Dental Arts, we strive to help you understand every part of Invisalign aftercare so that you are totally comfortable with the treatment. If you have questions we did not answer, please call us at 301-424-2030, or contact us online with our contact form to learn more.
Learn More About Invisalign®:
Please select service, date and provider then click on the Find Appointments button.