Like everything in dental technology of the past 50 years, the quality of dentures has improved dramatically over the past decade.
Now dentistry can offer implant supported dentures to secure the plates to your jaw.
Are you tired of using denture glue for your full dentures?
When it comes to the best quality solution for false teeth, implant supported dentures offer the best fit.
The better your dentures fit, the more confident you feel when you bite down on food and smile to your friends and family. The more comfortable you’ll feel that your teeth look natural. And best of all they are easy to care for and come with little maintenance.
Let’s take a closer look at how you can be done without denture adhesive once and for all.
Implant Supported Dentures
First, let’s be clear on what a dental implant is. The root implant is a titanium screw permanently fixed into the jaw. This is installed in a simple procedure that is pain free and takes less than one hour. Just as your natural teeth were fixed into the gums, a dental implant is held tight and secure.
Implant supported dentures are known by a few other names, overdentures, and snap on dentures. These names help illustrate how the dental implants work with the dentures.
How many implants are needed for lower dentures, you wonder?
There are either two or three implants secured into the jawbone. Then, your dentures “snap on” to the dental implants. They can then be unsnapped to remove them. The best part is that you cannot get food under these dentures. You can even get no palate upper dentures with 4 dental implants up top.
The entire process, for installation of the dental implants and dentures, can be done in as few as three months.
These snap in dentures cost starts at just $6,000 per arch.
Depending on other services you may need including tooth removal, implant placement and bone grafting there would be additional charges.
For someone looking to get some teeth removed, implants installed, temporary dentures while you wait for healing and finally the permanent implant supported dentures on both arches top and bottom you are looking around $20,000 for the whole mouth.
Restore Your Life
When compared to traditional permanent dentures, the advantages are obvious to the patients who experience the difference.
The dental implants and dentures will be a permanent part of your mouth. There will be no more need for denture adhesive to keep your pretty dentures in place. You’ll always know they are secured tight and you will be safe to eat and talk as you would with your natural teeth.
Patients with implant supported dentures or snap in dentures spend less time thinking about their dentures. This makes a great deal of difference when it comes to the quality of daily life and living with confidence in your smile.
There are of course other options besides dentures.
If you want non removable dentures then you will have to get the all on 4 or all on 6 dental implants. These hybrid implant dentures are permanently screwed into place and do not come out.
Wondering how much do overdentures cost? They are obviously more expensive than traditional dentures but the results are well worth the money. One full arch case starts at just $17,000.
Implant-supported dentures offer several advantages compared to traditional removable dentures. Here are 10 benefits of implant-supported dentures:
- Improved Stability: Implant-supported dentures are securely anchored to dental implants, providing a stable fit that eliminates the risk of slipping or shifting while speaking or eating.
- Enhanced Chewing Efficiency: The stability of implant-supported dentures allows for better chewing efficiency, enabling individuals to enjoy a wider variety of foods without worrying about denture movement.
- Better Speech: Traditional dentures can sometimes affect speech due to their movement. Implant-supported dentures stay in place, leading to clearer speech and enhanced communication.
- Preservation of Bone Density: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone resorption that often occurs with traditional dentures. This helps maintain facial structure and prevents the sunken appearance associated with bone loss.
- Longevity: Implant-supported dentures have the potential to last much longer than traditional dentures. With proper care and maintenance, they can provide a durable and reliable solution for many years.
- Increased Comfort: Traditional dentures can cause discomfort, irritation, and sore spots due to their movement and pressure on the gums. Implant-supported dentures distribute chewing forces more evenly, reducing these issues.
- No Need for Adhesives: Unlike traditional dentures that require messy adhesives to stay in place, implant-supported dentures remain fixed to the implants without the need for adhesives.
- Natural Look and Feel: Implant-supported dentures are custom-made to fit your mouth’s shape, providing a more natural appearance and a comfortable feel that closely resembles natural teeth.
- Minimal Impact on Taste: Traditional dentures can cover the palate, potentially affecting the sense of taste. Implant-supported dentures often leave the palate uncovered, allowing for a more natural taste experience.
- Enhanced Confidence: The stability, comfort, and natural look of implant-supported dentures can significantly boost self-confidence, allowing individuals to speak, smile, and socialize without concerns about denture movement.
Keep in mind that implant-supported dentures may not be suitable for everyone. It’s essential to consult with a qualified dentist or oral surgeon to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for this dental solution.
How The Rockville Dental Arts Team Helps Patients With Implant Dentures
To make sure we’re giving our patients the highest standard of treatment, we utilize cutting edge imaging tools.
Before we choose an implant system or do anything else, we’ll get a 3D rendering of the jaws. We’ll want to be sure of the exact position for your dental implants, so we’ll need to take a detailed look at your jaw bone and any existing teeth. We’ll also take down your dental history and ask a number of questions to be sure we have a full picture.
Our team does their best to be there for our patients every step of the way. If you have questions about anything from your dental insurance, to getting an exam, to how implant supported dentures work, we will be there for our patients.
When a patient decides to go through the process of choosing implant retained dentures, we’re right there by their side. We have years of experience to help you make the right decision about dentures that fit your gums, look natural for your mouth, and will work best for your needs. There are also clear choice dental implants for those who want permanent fixed teeth.
We also use our experience to make sure our patients get only the very best in materials used for their implant dentures.
For implant supported over dentures, we use the latest in techniques and the highest quality materials from several different implant systems. Every patient is different and we want to make sure they have the solution that’s true to their personalized needs. So you get the newest and latest dentures on the market that will give you the most realistic dentures possible.
One of our most notable dental implant systems are Hiossen Dental Implants. This is a titanium implant that most experienced dentists choose to use in their office because it’s tried and tested. They have a high success rate, greater than 98%, in healthy patients and we’ve seen great results.
Why People Choose Implant Supported Dentures
Why are snap on dentures such a popular choice? Is denture adhesive really such a big deal?
While traditional dentures are a strong option for many people, others will prefer something sturdier. Conventional dentures have also come a long way to look natural and beautiful so people can’t tell the difference. But they can be a lot of work, and they can sometimes be frustrating to keep in place.
With snap on dentures, your teeth will feel more natural since they’re so tightly affixed.
The fixed implants will help protect your jaw bone levels over the long term. When you lose teeth, the jawbone can weaken. This doesn’t take too long to happen. The dental implants work to improve the bone levels around them.
By preventing bone decay and keeping your mouth as natural appearing as possible, you can also keep up your facial structure. It’s unfortunately common with tooth loss for the bone to decay and the facial structure to weaken and change over time. However, implant supported dentures work to prevent this for our patients.
Today, there are many options for tooth loss. What choice will be strongest for you? What will meet your needs?
To really find out, you’ll need to consult an implant dentist. Our team at Rockville Dental Arts is here to answer your questions, offer an exam, and help you find the real answers on what your best options are for your needs. Are you ready for personalized dentures that will keep your mouth healthy and your smile bright?
It’s time to take the first step. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Looking for dds dentures + implant solutions? Implant supported dentures have been a solution for a long time, and at Rockville Dental Arts our dental team has been helping patients find the long term solution they deserve for a while now.
You should definitely check out fixed and removable prosthodontics at Rockville Dental Arts.
For more data on other denture prostheses alternatives, contact our office today at 301-424-2030.